I've been a bit preoccupied with creating a new work for the Arts Council, which is now near enough done bar the final production. Anyway, in the meantime, this week I heard from two top people so thought I'd point you to have a look at them.
Carolyn Thompson was one of the discoveries of the Text Festival - the subtly of her work I have a lot of time for.
www.carolynthompson.co.uk
The other person worth checking out is Stefan Gec. I was pleased to hear from Stefan after a bit of a gap. www.stefangec.com
November 24, 2006
Overcasting (Databolism) - Noah Pred
As mentioned in the last post, it's always been the objective to make our context conducive for artists to create and think, that was ...
-
Back in 2005, I launched the International Text Festival in Bury, Manchester. It's aim was to question, curate, display, distribute, ar...
-
As already featured in the anniversary post on 19 March, the field of action of first festival was contextualised with the ‘Text’ (ISBN 0 9...
-
Don’t get me wrong, Byung-Chul Han’s ‘The Burnout Society’ is an insightful and trenchant analysis of “the systemic violence inhabiting ...